- 1 large zucchini
- 3 large carrots
- 2 spring onions
- 1 cucumber diced
Optional add ins:
- 2 cups of mung bean sprouts
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves coarsely chopped
- Cubed marinated preprepared or cooked tofu
- Half a red pepper finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, lime juice, all rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- 1 Birdseye Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup toasted (or not) whole or crushed peanuts, or slivered almonds
- Grow a heap of zucchini.
- Don’t see your zucchini-loving friends for a few weeks. (You know who you are.)
- Using a spiralizer Julienne peeler, Julienne the carrot and zucchini.
- Finely chop the spring onions.
- Cut the cucumber in cubes.
- Throwing everything (including other optional extras if desired), in a large bowl, and toss to combine (Hands work well at this point).
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Mix dressing through salad.
- Add nuts before serving.
PS. I was intending to take a picture of this salad, but most of it had gone by the time I remembered. Yes it’s very nice.