- almond pulp from 2 batches of almond milk (I use 1 cup of soaked almonds per batch)*
- 1/2 cup dates soaked in boiling water and 1/2 cup soaking water
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 gluten free (or normal) weetbix
*alternatively use 2 cups of oats or 1 cup of oats and 1 cup of almond meal or 2 cups almond meal or 1 cup of walnuts and 1 cup of cashews (NB oats are not GF)
- 1 cup dates soaked in boiling water and 1/2 cup soaking water
- 1 cup cashews (presoaked 1/2 hour in boiling water, or overnight in cold water, drained)
- 1 400 ml tin coconut cream
- 2 – 3 sachets “gel it in”
- 4 Tablespoons ground chia seeds
- Juice of 5-6 limes
- Zest of 1-3 limes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of spirulina, green food dye (optional)
- Process crust ingredients to crumbs and press into a lined (with baking paper) 22 cm tin and put in freezer or fridge to harden.
- Process dates and cashews with coconut cream.
- Cook “gel it in” with lime juice / zest according to packet instructions.
- Quickly mix lime mix through date / cashew / coconut mix, chia, vanilla, (spirulina and / or colour if using), and spread over base.
- Leave to set in fridge for several hours.
- Optionally you can freeze and eat like an ice cream cake (take out 20 minutes before eating) or can freeze and leave to completely defrost for a creamy / mousse consistency.