It’s been a bit of a lazy day and I didn’t feel like making dinner for everyone. We all had something different and ate separately. I had Satay porridge with mushrooms….followed by a long nap on the couch. Husband encouraged me to get up since it was only 7:45pm and he knows I won’t sleep if I stay passed out on the couch.
While I was passed out on the couch though I was day dreaming…..mostly about karate actually…..but also about a new ice cream recipe…..so I got up and made it…..and it was as good as I planned…..and even hubby liked it so I then had to make a second batch for him because his plea to save him some came as I licked the last of it off my spoon. Neither bowl hung around long enough for a photo!
So here is my “dreamy” recipe:
- small handful of hazelnuts – briefly toasted in fry pan and skins removed
- 1 and 1/2 frozen bananas sliced
- 3 heaped teaspoons (or more) cocoa or cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of non dairy milk (just to make it easier to blend bananas – if you are more patient you can omit)
- 1 rounded teaspoon black or hulled tahini
- In a chopper or small food processor briefly chop the nuts (or if you are keen do them by hand or in a bag crush roughly with a heavy rolling pin), and set aside.
- Put the other ingredients in the food processor or chopper and pulse until smooth and creamy like thick soft serve.
- Add in the chopped nuts and pulse briefly to mix in.
- Eat (try to resist making orgasmic moans of pleasure as this attracts interested looks which usually means attention to the contents of the blender which then means less for you or that you have to make another batch!!)