- 3 cups plus 1 cup desiccated coconut
- large handful baby spinach (you won’t taste it but it gives it great colour)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup dates soaked in boiling water to just cover (and soaking water)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons maccha (green tea powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut for decoration
- Blitz 3 cups coconut in food processor until starting to turn into coconut butter
- Add in dates with water, tahini, vanilla, spinach, maccha, cinnamon and bananas and blend until creamy.
- Mix in 4th cup of coconut until combined.
- Spread into slice tin lined with baking paper and press down with another sheet of baking paper (slice will be about 1 cm thick).
- Remove top sheet of baking paper and sprinkle with black sesame seeds and coconut.
- Lightly cover with baking paper again then freeze for 2-3 hours to firm up.
- Remove from freezer and slice into about 60 squares.
- Store in freezer or fridge (freezer if want to last longer) and eat from there.