End of the week and I have run out of spinach for my green smoothies. 😦 (The good bit was my lack of spinach was mostly because Mr 6 decided his post training lunch on Sunday was going to be a spinach and olive omlette and I was so happy he decided he liked spinach I put a LOT in).
So I have been experimenting with different (non green smoothies). This was today’s:
- 1 large or 2 small frozen bananas
- 1 frozen orange
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (for chocolate Bob)
- 6 1/3 teaspoons Rachel’s homemade smoothie booster, recipe below (optional)
- 1 cup of milk / mylk of choice or water
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Incidentally you could easily put spinach in this smoothie if you have it!
Rachel’s homemade Smoothie booster (10 serves – one serve is 6 1/3 teaspoons)
In a large jar combine the following:
10 teaspoons turmeric
10 teaspoons cinnamon
10 teaspoons LSA
10 teaspoons psyllium
10 teaspoons creatine
10 teaspoons maca
3 1/3 teaspoon ginger