I went to pick a few mandarins this morning…..and came back with 3 large bowls full. I haven’t bothered to count them….the term “lots” comes to mind.
I made 2 recipes this morning using about 14 mandarins in total….did not even scratch the surface. Tree is still loaded!
I will just write the cheese cake recipe down as the other (a slice) I didn’t really measure things.
MANDARIN CHEESE CAKE
Preheat oven to low (I used 130-150 degrees Celsius but I have a terrible oven still).
- 1 cup dates
- 2 cups oats
- about 1/2 cup water (you can use water from soaking the other dates if you like)
- zest 4 mandarins
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Process until forms a stiff dough and press into lined tins (bottom and sides) – I used a 20 cm and a 10 cm round tin.
- 1 cup dates (soaked in water to cover overnight)
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water to cover overnight then drained)
- 1 tin coconut cream refrigerated for several days (I keep one in there) – just the solid part
- zest of 4 mandarins and 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- 8 mandarins (peel and pips removed)
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
Process until smooth and creamy. Pour into tins over crust and smooth top with spatula. I had some mix left so did as a custard thing in another tin.
Bake for about 30 minutes until just set around edges. Leave in oven another 30 minutes with oven off. Cool in tins and refrigerate to firm up (until cold).