OK so I am getting through the lemons. I decided I would make a sorbet type of thing for my dessert tonight….even though it is the middle of winter, it is OK to have ice cream, right?. It has 2 basic ingredients (with some optional add ins), worked well, was really quick and simple (hence the name). Here it is:
Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy, instant gelato (if you pleasey).
- 2 frozen bananas (medium sized)
- 1 large juicy meyer lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- sweetener of choice (optional – I didn’t bother as the lemons are fairly sweet for lemons and I am what is know in these parts as a “sour puss”)
- Slice banana and put in food processor (or chopper attachment of stick blender for this quantity worked well) with other ingredients and then blitz until the consistency of soft serve / gelato.
- Eat (from a bowl if you can be bothered transferring it…..um….I didn’t, and I ate it without taking a photo – take my word for it though – it was yummy).
*** NOTE: I have since made this with some limes instead and it was delicious!